MyoStim Implantable Heart Repairing Pacemaker (MHRP-1)
The MyoStim MHRD-1 is designed to facilitate growing new muscle and blood vessels in scarred regions of the heart – improving upon current CRT/ICD pacemakers in treating patients with heart failure and arrhythmias. The MyoStim MHRD-1 runs five (5) programs in sequence (3) patent protected.
(1) The Kanno program stimulates angiogenesis (new blood vessel growth).
(2) The Chachques-Leonhardt program recruits stem cells to injured heart tissue areas.
(3) The Leonhardt-Chachques program differentiates recruited and/or injected stem cells to beating heart muscle.
(4) The Leonhardt program senses arrhythmia's-fibrillation and delivers a low voltage pulse to restart a patient's heart back to a normal beat.
(5) The final program is a standard synchronization-pacing program that double ensures that newly created muscle, in the previous scarred areas of the heart, beats in synchrony with the rest of the heart. The stimulation pulses also duly serve to increase the contraction twitch strength of the muscle to improve cardiac output.
Heart Failure - An Epidemic of Uncertain Proportions - Click Here